In the Teems household we are definitely feeling the "Terrific Two's" (she'll be 2 on the 22nd of this month). Whether it's her massive tantrums or saying "No" to everything (even if it's something she wants); we are getting a taste of it. I've even been told it goes to 3! Awww man! Now I will say that she hasn't had many meltdowns, but when she has them they can go on for at least 20 minutes (Christiana can be a bit stubborn).
Anyhoo back to my "Little Miss Independent" so here's a brief rundown of what happened last weekend. She loves Cuties so I give her one and started peeling it for her, and reminded her how to peel it (her TiTi Joy showed her about a month ago). Weeeell once she got the hang of it, she decided that she didn't want me to finish peeling it. Why you may ask, it's because she wanted to do it (by the way she did an excellent job). She says "No Momma" while moving my hand away. Here's another rundown on the same day. Daddy Teems asks her did she want strawberries, of course she says "no thank you" but he still takes them out (because remember everything is a "No" even if she wants it). So what does Munchie do? She closes the container and tells him "NO THANK YOU". How funny is that? I guess this time she really meant it.
Oh here's another time (one of many of course) when she wants to be independent. We live in an apartment complex without an elevator and most times Christiana wants me to pick her up (we live on the 3rd floor - 48 stairs! Yes I counted.) after I pick her up from daycare. Well lately she has been wanting to walk, I'm very grateful of that because I have my work stuff and purse with me. So here's where the "Little Miss Independent" really comes in. Well if she has a hood on and it falls off, she stops, whines, and says "Hood on, hood on" so this slows us down because she cannot resume walking without her hood on. Don't let me have to use the bathroom because she has a fit if I scoop her up and powerwalk up the stairs; she wants to walk and I'm messing up HER flow. If she brings one of her little stuffed friends with her she wants to hold them AND walk up the stairs! Can we say dangerous! Of course I ask if she wants me to hold her friend so she can walk, she says "No momma, No" but then gets frustrated when her friends falls or she doesn't have the coordination to do both. Gotta love her determination. I let her struggle and figure out the best solution; eventually she hands me her stuffed friend. She says, "Huh momma, huh" or she whines out of frustration and I say "Would you like some help Christiana?" and she says "Help pleeease.". :O)
Colossians 3:21
Fathers, do not provoke your children, lest they become discouraged

No comments:
Post a Comment