This year we Daddy Teems suggested that we spend the fourth of July at my momma's house, of course I agreed this would give her and Christiana more bonding time. My momma isn't the type that likes to have get togethers (as for me I love them!) so when I asked if it was okay she was a little hesitant. I told her she didn't have to worry about anything and we would clean up our mess afterwards, when I said that she was like "cool!". I let daddy Teems know, from there he planned the menu, went grocery shopping, and did the damn thing. His menu for us was: Roasted Garlic grilled Chicken, Pinot Grigio soaked Lemon Pepper Tilapia, turkey links, grilled squash, asparagus, and peppers, and seasoned sweet corn. Everyone grubbed out, even my food critic momma (she could open up her own restaurant if she wanted to) and vegetarian expert poppa Mat. I must say that daddy Teems was the total grill master!
| grill master Teems! |
I am very thankful and appreciative for daddy Teems for suggesting this. With my momma being back at work I don't get to see her that often and when I do it's very rushed because I have to go home for my second shift (wife & mommy); so to be able to spend some unrushed time with her was great! Throughout the day she would say thank you for coming over and spending time with her.You don't choose your family, they are God's gift to you, as you are to them.
Desmond Tutu

No comments:
Post a Comment