This weekend I had to do a little "surgery" on Christiana. She had a mini splinter on the bottom of her foot. Munchie was in sooo much pain, and it hurt my heart sooo much. She wanted me to fix her "boo-boo" but she didn't want me to touch it. So I ran some bath water because I remember reading somewhere to give them a bath before removing the splinter. I tried pumping her up and everything, but nothing worked. I ended up calling daddy Teems so he could help. He had to hold her down while I got my tweezers to pull it out. The splinter was soooo tiny but it packed a powerful punch on my sweetie peeties foot. She was screaming, squirming and crying soooo much, I was sweating and everything. After I performed my "surgery" she climbed into my arms for a couple of minutes for some cuddle time, then we finished her bath.
Here's the part that I loved the most about that night. At bedtime I asked Christiana how her foot was and she started singing the song from Doc McStuffins cartoon and then gave me a hug and kiss. If you don't know the song click here to listen. Oh and if you don't know who Doc McStuffins is, she is a cute doctor to stuffed animals.
"As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you;
and you will be comforted over Jerusalem."
Isaiah 66:13

No comments:
Post a Comment