Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013: My first homemade gift and first mommy-themed jewelry

I love being a mother! This year I received my first mother-themed jewelry and handmade gift! I've been wanting a charm bracelet since I became a mother!  I've been lusting after the Pandora line of charm bracelets, but they are a bit pricey.  So when I opened my gift from the hubby, I was super geeked!  I'm thinking every mother's day to add another mommy charm to it.  Oh Christiana picked out the white one with the heart, it's a mother with her child.  :O) 
 
I was also super excited to receive my first homemade gift from Christiana!  All the kids at daycare decorated a pair of flip flops for their mommy's.  Auntie Shelley said Munchie picked out the color and of course all the jewels!  Doesn't she have a great taste?
 
When I picked her up she was SUPER excited to hand them to me and wanted me to put them on right away!  She said, "I made these for you momma" and gave me a big hug!  Of course she wanted me to wear them right away, but after 5 minutes of me wearing them she wanted to put them on herself.  :O) 
 
Motherhood can be a bit challenging, but I wouldn't change it for the world.  Trying to balance work, being a wife, and mother can be SUPER exhausting!  But daddy Teems made sure to make this weekend an easy-breezy one.  We spent our weekend in Indio with my MIL (mother in law) and my niece Tuttie.  Christiana couldn't wait to spend time with as she puts it "my Tuttie" and her Gammy.  She talked about it ALL week!  She was super giddie when she saw them.  Tooo cute! 
 
Again I love being a mother and Christiana makes it easy to enjoy it.  She gets sweeter and sweeter as she gets older and I love watching her grow.  I am truly blessed to have a wonderful family that I wouldn't change for the world.
 
"Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
Exodus 20:12


No comments:

Post a Comment